Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Kitchen Sink Tragedy!

Well, I have given it a try. For 3 solid months! But I HATE cooking for myself! There is no getting around it. I HATE it, i HATE it, I HATE it!

Whew. With that out of my system, let me tell you the reason for it. Because there seems to be no way that I can avoid throwing away food/ingredients.........and to satisfy my cravings! I brought some mushrooms abt 2 weeks ago and didnt get around to doing anything with them. Why, you ask? Well, because I had left overs from previous meals and I keep planning new meals around them so that I can finish everything. Good thought, you say. Yes! But if you are cooking for yourself, left overs last FOREVER! And you never get to the new ingredients!!!

What to do???

4 comments:

TNL said...

That's gotta be frustrating..I lived by myself for 2 months once and it was very hard for me...you're right about the leftovers...all I could do was Share the food with someone, have it for lunch next day or just cook enough to last me for one meal. I was so lazy back then, that I would just make package dinners like KD Mac-n-cheese, Maggi noodles, or Pulao and dahi...
Hope things get better for you...atleats now, there are these great blogs and websites that can give you many tips!

Cheers,Trupti

Reeta Skeeter said...

mmm.... well cook only a quantity that will last for one meal... maximum two... and den u will get to eat all yummy stuff i.e. wot u will make new... :)

Anonymous said...

Make a soup or stew w/ all those goodies before they go bad! Would be especially good now that the weather is getting colder...

g said...

Thanks all of you. I will try harder to cook the right quantity (though that still leaves the dillema of what to do with half a zucchini). And yes, soups are going to be my best friends. Plus I bought a car. Hopefully that means that I will be shopping more often and hence can pick up the ingredients fresh, as and when I want them.